Fostering Relationships with God
About Grace Christian School
A Christian education positively impacts a student for the entirety of their lives! At Grace Christian School, we emphasize providing a challenging yet stimulating Christian curriculum and an abundance of fine arts, and extracurricular activities, all while keeping God at the center of it all.
Students of GCS feel pride for their school long after they have graduated, and many come back as alumni for events or even to serve as a teacher. Families in Huntington, WV, are blessed to have Grace Gospel Church and Grace Christian School available to provide a Christ-centered community.
The Value of Christian Preschool
Interested in a Tour?
Grace Christian School opened its doors as a ministry of Grace Gospel Church under the direction of Pastor Mel Efaw. Classes were offered in PreK4 through third grade.
The program continued to grow, and GCS offered a full PreK4 through the 12th-grade program.
GCS expanded to include a three-year-old preschool program.
Almost 50 years later, over 1000 young men and women call Grace Christian School their alma mater.
Grace Christian School meets or exceeds all graduation requirements of the West Virginia Board of Education. Approximately 90% of our graduates enroll in four-year colleges and universities.
- Baylor University
- Bob Jones University
- Bryan College
- Cedarville University
- Clearwater Christian College
- Columbia University
- Georgetown University Law Center
- Hollins College
- Liberty University
- Marshall University
- Ohio State University
- Pennsylvania State University
- Regent University School of Law
- Tennessee Temple University
- Transylvania University
- University of Kentucky
- University of Virginia
- Virginia Tech
- West Virginia Tech
Graduates have many academic honors including
- National Merit Scholar
- John Marshall Scholarship Award
- Top of the Mountain Scholarships
- Promise Scholarships
- as well as many academic, athletic, and leadership scholarships.
Each year, Stanford Achievement Tests are given to all GCS students in K5 through 12th grade. Our students consistently score at the 90th percentile in the complete battery, well above the national norm (50th percentile).
10 Characteristics of an Accredited School
1. It is devoted to a mission. Your school cares enough about what it does to seek validation from a recognized accrediting agency.
2. It knows itself. Your school operates from an examined vision of service to students, families, and the community.
3. It keeps its promises. Your school promises only what it can deliver.
4. It accepts objective evaluation. Your school has outside evaluators who have no prior involvement with the school or its sponsoring authority to provide annual and scheduled evaluations.
5. It is recognized. Your school is accredited by a member of/ and WVCEA, AACS, MSACESS, NACSAA, and NCPSA.
6. It is self-correcting. Your accredited school demonstrates a capacity to control its own quality.
7. It is student-oriented. Your school’s philosophy of education expresses what it does for the whole student.
8. It plans for its future. Your school has plans that include continuous strategies for anticipated events and goals toward even higher levels of quality and school improvement.
9. It examines performance. Your school continuously obtains and analyzes objective evidence on student achievement and growth.
10. It participates in the responsibilities of the academic profession. Your accredited school participates in the self-renewing activity of evaluation and accreditation.
Grace Christian School admits students of any race, color, national, and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally afforded or made available to students at the school.